Thursday 28 April 2011

REVIEW Hush (Lodestone Trilogy #1) Cherry Adair

 Author: Cherry Adair
Pages: 384
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Pocket Star
Hush (Lodestone Trilogy #1) 
AMAZONHush

From the Blub.

A reckless adventure in a deadly paradise.
Thrill seekers Zakary and Gideon Stark travel the globe in search of extreme adventure, but a trip to Venezuela to jump off the world’s highest falls catapults them into a perilous game of life or death—where they don’t know the rules.
A one-night stand that will change his life forever.
Kidnapped with a woman Zak knows nothing about, the brothers are held prisoner deep in the jungle. A risky, deathdefying escape separates them and nearly claims Zak’s life . . . until his recovery reveals a baffling new sixth sense.
An unexpected diversion with lethal consequences.
Now, to find his missing brother, Zak and the mysterious Acadia Gray will have to out-smart, out-gun, and out-maneuver not just the brutal kidnappers but also a new player who joins the adrenaline game: a ruthless opponent who wants the Stark brothers dead—at any cost.

Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars

I’ve come to count on Cherry Adair as being one of my favorite Romantic Suspense authors; I adore her writing style and have loved her T-Flac series, Hush is a great starter to the Lodestone Trilogy.

Zakary and Gideon Stark are extremely rich developers of an internet search engine, ZAG along with their friend and partner, Anthony Buckner. Both are extreme thrill seekers, their latest adventure a trip to the jungles of South America.

Acadia Gray has never been a risk taker, and her trip to Venezuela was a decision she made with friends after winning a sum of money in the Kansas City lottery. It is here she meets Zak and after a night of passion, they awake to a room full of gun toting guerillas, they are kidnapped along with Gideon, and taken to remote parts of the Venezuelan jungle.

After a well planned plot to escape, it is non-stop action and adventure to make their way back to civilization whilst trying to evade the bad guys.

I thoroughly enjoyed the vivid details of the deadly jungle and its surroundings, Cherry Adair bought you into that world visually, and it wasn’t overly detailed which I tend to find distracting.

Zak is carrying a lot of guilt over his deceased wife & the demise of their relationship so it is hard for him to trust and allow himself to be responsible for others. He was abrupt and nasty towards Acadia on occasion, his attitude at times was irritating and he was quick to jump to assumptions about Acadia because of his past relationship.

Acadia on the other hand, I absolutely loved! She had an innocence about her and in times of stress or nervousness tended to embellish the truth, it was an interesting character trait. She was a real girl scout, being prepared for the worst when abducted by the guerillas; she seemed to have everything tucked away in that vest of hers. I like how she took no nonsense from Zak and actually stood up to him, she showed a lot of strength.

The relationship developed slowly, nothing forced or rushed which I tend to prefer. They balanced one another perfectly and the smexy scenes were steamy and passionate.

I didn’t quite know what to make of Zak’s 6th sense; I didn’t feel adding a paranormal element was necessary for an already great plot but it seemed to work well and was quite a subtle aspect.

I enjoyed the inclusion of the T-Flac character (Marc Savin), the organisation fit into the Lodestone trilogy perfectly.

The ending and truth about the villain/s left me gasping! I won’t divulge details, but it was definitely not what I was expecting.

I absolutely love the man candy cover! Check out http://cherryadair.com/#/men/Lodestone/Zakary%20Stark for a great clip of Hush.

A thoroughly enjoyable, fast paced adventure with a wonderful HEA. I look forward to book 2 which has an anticipated 2012 release date.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Excellent review. It makes me want to read it, and I'm not a big fan of suspense! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you Sonny! it was a great read :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved it! can't wait for book 2! I would like to read a synopsis, NOW! where is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Loria, It's a shame we have to wait until 2012!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for stopping by today!

I love to receive your comments, please leave your blog link & I'll be sure to stop by.

I also respond to your comment here on my blog :)