Sunday 22 May 2011

REVIEW: Pink Satin by Jennifer Greene

Author: Jennifer Greene
Pages: ebook
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Carina Press
Pink Stain was kindly provided to me by Netgalley
AMAZON: Pink Satin

From the blurb. (Goodreads)

With the figure of a sex symbol and a career as a lingerie executive, Greer Lothrop is used to attracting more than her fair share of male attention. After years of unwanted stares, she is far more comfortable playing mother hen than femme fatale.
She's shocked when there's nothing motherly about the feelings her new neighbor, engineer Ryan McCullough, arouses in her. She's never been attracted to a man of such raw sexuality before. What is it about Ryan that has her confiding in him—and falling into his arms—within hours of meeting?
It's clear Ryan isn't interested in Greer for her chicken soup. He's not falling for her girl-next-door routine either, no matter how hard she tries to deny their chemistry. He knows there's a passionate woman behind the facade—and he knows just how to awaken her... 48,900 words

REVIEW: 3 out of 5 stars

I read my first Jennifer Greene book recently and quite enjoyed it, she writes romance in a way that keeps me entertained and wanting more.

Seeking refuge in her stairwell after receiving yet another of her annoying prank ‘breather’ phone calls Greer Lothrop encounters Ryan McCullough a mechanical engineer and the new tenant moving in next door.Seeing her distress and realizing she doesn’t want to be alone, Ryan takes her back to her apartment and invites himself to dinner – certainly not a normal first meeting but it seemed to work well in this instance, their chemistry and attraction was undeniable.

Greer is a 27 year old ad psychologist for a lingerie company and is far more comfortable playing mother hen than femme fatale, she has confidence and body hang-ups; she is curvy and wants to feel the love and affection from a man without him wanting her purely for her looks. I liked her as a character, she was over-sensitive about her body but she seemed real to me with normal fears about entering a new relationship.

Ryan is sensitive and extremely protective towards Greer but I found his actions at times to be way too forward, he would have definitely over stepped his mark with me with his pushy and domineering behavior. Other than these quirks, I did like him as a character, he was caring and loving towards Greer and eased her slowly into trusting him.

The stalker sub-plot fit in well, I could tell from the moment this person was introduced that they weren’t to be trusted.

In some instances, I feel things were over emphasized, there was a lot of information I found myself skimming over.

All in all, an enjoyable read and I look forward to reading more books written by this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for stopping by today!

I love to receive your comments, please leave your blog link & I'll be sure to stop by.

I also respond to your comment here on my blog :)