Friday 9 March 2012

Feature & Follow Friday (9th March)

Weekly meme hosted by the wonderful Parajunkee & Alison Can Read

This weeks featured blogs: Hesperia Loves Books and Novel Days

Question: Have you ever looked at book’s cover and thought, This is going to horrible? But, was instead pleasantly surprised? Show us the cover and tell us about the book.

I am thankful there are more covers that I do actually like than those that I don't so I found this question quite hard..

BUT - I am really guilty of reading a book based on the cover design, unless it is by an author I adore and have come to 'trust'.

Nalini Singh’s Guild Hunter books were the first to come to mind, particularly Archangel's Blade - not that they are overly bad just not to my taste (book 2 & 3 weren’t so bad). I have loved everything Nalini Singh has written though so it makes up for it.

 

What to do..

Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
Follow the featured weekly bloggers 
Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few.
The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"
If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back.
Spread the Love...and the followers
If you're new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

Reviews this week: 

Last Man Standing (Black Ops Inc. #7) by Cindy Gerard
Falling in Danger by Kaylie Newell
Gravity by Abigail Boyd
Callum & Harper by Fisher Amelie

Currently Reading:

Arcadia Awakens by Kai Meyer

6 comments:

  1. Hopping through. No one seems to like Singh's covers. I do want to read her books though.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh yes, should've picked that one! Thought the covers were odd myself, but now I sooo love the series!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there :) just hopping through.

    Not the best covers ever hey :P

    I'm also your newest follower :) Here is my choice...

    My Feature and Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read any Nalini Singh books and I always thought the covers as so odd. Maybe I will pick up something by her just to try it out.

    Here's my first ever FF!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been seeing her covers a lot for this one...I don't have any of hers on my TBR list but I'll have to check them out! New follower here...I love your blog it's so cute! Stole your button for my blogroll :)
    My Friday Hops

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a new follower :)
    I totally agree with you on how sometimes with a trusted author, they can get away with a lesser-appealing cover.

    Vivian @ Vivaciously, Vivian

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for stopping by today!

I love to receive your comments, please leave your blog link & I'll be sure to stop by.

I also respond to your comment here on my blog :)