Thursday 5 April 2012

REVIEW: If You Know Her (The Ash Trilogy #3) by Shiloh Walker

 
Author: Shiloh Walker
Series: The Ash Trilogy
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Pages: 358
Publisher: Ballantine Books

Synopsis. (Goodreads)

A SHADOW IN THE WINDOW

Nia Hollister doesn’t scare easily. Come hell or high water, she intends to find her cousin’s killer. She returns to Ash, Kentucky, for answers. What she doesn’t expect is to ache with desire every time she sees Law Reilly. If any man can help her escape the nightmares for a while, it’s him. But can she allow herself to take comfort in those strong arms when a murderer still roams free?

Unknown to Nia, as she quietly slips into Law Reilly’s home, is that she’s being watched—by someone who is waiting for an opportunity to strike. Timing is everything, though he can’t wait forever. If she’s not frightened, she soon will be. Nia has made a vow to find her cousin’s killer. She should be careful what she wishes for.

REVIEW: 3 out of 5 stars

If You Know Her is the third book in The Ash Trilogy by Shiloh Walker and was kindly provided to me by Netgalley for Ballantine Books. 

I unfortunately started this book not realizing it was a part of a series.  Ms. Walker does a wonderful job of explaining characters, past events from the other books etc. so I found myself caught up pretty quickly but I would have liked to have started from book one.

Nia Hollister is intent on finding her cousin Jolene’s killer, she has returned to the small town of Ash, Kentucky seeking answers and runs into none other than the broody Law Reilly, a man she had previously pulled a gun on and accused of murder.

Law is fiercely attracted to feisty Nia and helps her to uncover the truth about her cousin’s death, not believing the original story and the person who was blamed; although I liked Nia and Law together I felt their relationship progressed at an unrealistic pace considering the past they shared. I was also a bit torn about what to think of hard-ass Nia, I am not used to characters that are so dominant and gun ho but I eventually warmed to her and the steamy yet sweet relationship she shared with Law.

The suspense in this story was great, I was so eager to find out who the killer was and although I had my suspicions, I was way off. It was enjoyable to see how the plot panned out; the mystery was intriguing and the POV from the killer was sick and creepy.

Ms Walker is an auto-buy for me, I enjoy her writing style and the suspense-filled yet romantic stories she writes.

This is a series that definitely should be read from book one, I’ll be starting from the beginning the see how this story all started.

Books in Order:

1. If You Hear Her
2. If You See Her
3. If You Know Her



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for stopping by today!

I love to receive your comments, please leave your blog link & I'll be sure to stop by.

I also respond to your comment here on my blog :)