Wednesday 6 June 2012

Armchair BEA Day 3 – A Positive Experience With Books

armchairbea21
Design credit: Nina of Nina Reads 

For Day 3, we want you to share your positive experiences of using your blog to get involved in your community.  This can involve partnerships with the local literary scene, attending author events and signings, or getting together with bloggers in your area.

Unfortunately, I haven't had any real life experiences involving my local book blogging community, but I hope this changes in the not too distant future.

Being from Australia, we don’t have a lot of bookish events which showcase the books or authors I read so I haven’t had the opportunity to attend signings etc.

For me, the positive experiences of blogging have been meeting other people online with the same love of reading that I have. None of my ‘real life’ friends are as interested in my hobby so blogging was my way of not only keeping all my thoughts on the books I have read in one place but also a place where I could learn about new authors and books and a way of meeting other book bloggers – this was done through Goodreads and on Twitter as well.

Through blogging, I have also had the opportunity to interview some amazing authors! Most recently Julie Kagawa who I adore – my dream is to one day attend an event where I will get to not only meet many of my favorite authors but the many friends I have made online as well.

9 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are throwing yourself into blogging so you can get the experiences that way. Your blog design is beautiful! I'm glad to have come across your blog because of AC BEA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure we would all like to do more real life book events but I love that the Internet is able to connect us directly with authors in a way we would not get to otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be doing my first authors interview in august and I cant wait.

    http://marnise.blogspot.com/2012/06/armchair-bea-positive-experience-with.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. True that! And Julie Kagawa? *dies* She's awesomeness! Very approachable. I interact with her in Twitter ;)

    Happy Day Three of ArmchairBEA to you!

    My entry to the ArmchairBEA topic networking

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Julie! She's so sweet and nice and a great person to interview! I'm not very good real life networker sadly but I'm hoping to change that!

    ~Kailia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meeting others online is just as much fun as in real life. I love talking with authors about their books

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know there's a bunch of Australian bloggers and lots of amazing authors too! There's got to be something going on down under over there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm the same as you with the exception of country! It's sad it's not as much bookish things around the globe as it is in US (and maybe UK!) I wish there would be a few more events! But one day, I'll be going to one of those in the US. ;) One day! LOL.

    My bookish real life story!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really fortunate to live in such a big, vibrant city that, go figure...has more bookworms than I realized.

    I hope you make it to BEA one day and your dream of hanging with all your fave authors come true. I've never been either and I hope I can go someday!

    Thanks for stopping by our blog!
    ♥Isalys / Book Soulmates

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for stopping by today!

I love to receive your comments, please leave your blog link & I'll be sure to stop by.

I also respond to your comment here on my blog :)