Wednesday 25 July 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (25th July)

 
Waiting On Wednesday” is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My choice for this weeks WoW is Outpost (Razorland #2) by Ann Aguirre; I absolutely loved the first book in this series, Enclave so I’m quite excited to read the sequel & thankfully I don’t have long to wait.

What are you looking forward to?

Outpost (Razorland, #2)
 Author: Ann Aguirre
Series: Razorland
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Genre: Young Adult – Dystopia
Release Date: 4th September 2012
Amazon Pre-order: Outpost

Synopsis. (Goodreads)

Deuce’s whole world has changed. Down below, she was considered an adult. Now, topside in a town called Salvation, she’s a brat in need of training in the eyes of the townsfolk. She doesn’t fit in with the other girls: Deuce only knows how to fight.

To make matters worse, her Hunter partner, Fade, keeps Deuce at a distance. Her feelings for Fade haven’t changed, but he seems not to want her around anymore. Confused and lonely, she starts looking for a way out.

Deuce signs up to serve in the summer patrols—those who make sure the planters can work the fields without danger. It should be routine, but things have been changing on the surface, just as they did below ground. The Freaks have grown smarter. They’re watching. Waiting. Planning. The monsters don’t intend to let Salvation survive, and it may take a girl like Deuce to turn back the tide.

15 comments:

  1. Nice pick! I have Enclave but still haven't read it. This cover looks super creepy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also behind on Ann Aguirre. Must catch up - this one sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I still need to read the first one!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm ashamed to admit that I still haven't read Enclave but have been wanting to because I love me a good dystopian novel! Also I love the cover for all these books; the dingy, dirty, armor-looking cover lol it would look epic with all three of them standing side by side :) Good choice!

    Shae @ Understanding Shae's Story

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great, I think I really need to check Enclave too. Good choice...

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=2850

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read the 1st yet, but have heard a lot about it.
    hope you get to read it soon! Feel free to check out my WoW here

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Enclave was awesome so I'm excited to get to this one, too. :) Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Ann Aguirre's other series' but this of course is one I haven't read. I think we need a corner of shame. lol The cover is so freaky though - I'm not sure what it's supposed to mean, if someone's breaking out, in, if it's a scary guy? It's amazing though. :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read the first book yet, but I have heard it is amazing! I bought it awhile back intending to read it then...then blogging happened! So it's on my YA shelf waiting to be read. :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't read this series but it does look amazing. Nice pick.

    Here's my version of WoW

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really need to start reading this series. Enclave sounded amazing. Great pick for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pick! I really need to read Enclave soon. I heard some good things about it. Hopefully will read it before this one comes out.

    Thanks for visiting my post!
    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to get my hands on this book! Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, yes! Thanks for reminding me about this one. :o It had totally slipped my mind for some reason, but I really need to read this series. I'm sure it's a great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the cover! I haven't heard much about the series, but I've been meaning to read it. Thanks for sharing!
    Check out my post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for stopping by today!

I love to receive your comments, please leave your blog link & I'll be sure to stop by.

I also respond to your comment here on my blog :)