I am pleased to be able to participate in the blog tour for Alyssa Rose Ivy's novel, Flight which is the first book in The Crescent Chronicles and hosted by Bewitching Book Tours.
By Alyssa Rose Ivy
The Crescent Chronicles, Book 1
Genre: Mature YA/New Adult Paranormal Romance
Number of pages: 250
Sometimes you just have to take flight.
A summer in New Orleans is exactly what Allie needs before starting college. Accepting her dad’s invitation to work at his hotel offers an escape from her ex-boyfriend and the chance to spend the summer with her best friend. Meeting a guy is the last thing on her mind—until she sees Levi.
Unable to resist the infuriating yet alluring Levi, Allie finds herself at the center of a supernatural society and forced to decide between following the path she has always trusted or saving a city that might just save her.
Alyssa Rose Ivy lives in North Carolina with her husband and two young children. Although raised in the New York area, she fell in love with the South after moving to New Orleans for college. After years as a perpetual student, she turned back to her creative side and decided to write.
The setting of New Orleans plays a large part in the story of Flight. So many of Allie’s experiences are unique to the city. Flight is only one of many books set in the Crescent City, here are my five favorites.
1) Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole- Such a great read with lots of laughs. It’s hard to believe it wasn’t a success until after the author’s death.
2) Interview with a Vampire by Anne Rice- It’s hard to talk about New Orleans books without mentioning this one.
3) The Awakening by Kate Chopin – Loved this one in college when I read it for one of my lit classes.
4) The Pelican Brief by John Grisham–It’s my favorite legal thriller. Although it isn’t all set in New Orleans, some of the early scenes take place on the campus where I went to college.
5) A Street Car Named Desire by Tennessee Williams- Okay so this is actually a play, but it was one of the first literary pieces I read that made me curious about New Orleans. Such a classic.
1 x print copy of Flight (US only) and
2 x eBook copies of Flight (everyone)
Please complete the rafflecopter form below.