Wednesday 23 October 2013

Waiting on Wednesday - The Taking (The Taking #1) by Kimberly Derting

 
Hi everyone, thank-you so much for stopping by my WoW!

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine which spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My WoW for this week is The Taking by Kimberly Derting. I am a hug KD fan, I adore her Body Finder and The Pledge series and this one sounds pretty amazing and I’m loving that cover.

The Taking (The Taking, #1)
 Author: Kimberly Derting
Series: The Taking
Genre: Young Adult
 Amazon pre-order
Publisher: Harper Teen
Release date: 29th April 2014


Synopsis. (Goodreads)

A flash of white light . . . and then . . . nothing. 

When sixteen-year-old Kyra Agnew wakes up behind a Dumpster at the Gas ’n’ Sip, she has no memory of how she got there. With a terrible headache and a major case of déjà vu, she heads home only to discover that five years have passed . . . yet she hasn’t aged a day. 

Everything else about Kyra’s old life is different. Her parents are divorced, her boyfriend, Austin, is in college and dating her best friend, and her dad has changed from an uptight neat-freak to a drunken conspiracy theorist who blames her five-year disappearance on little green men. 

Confused and lost, Kyra isn’t sure how to move forward unless she uncovers the truth. With Austin gone, she turns to Tyler, Austin’s annoying kid brother, who is now seventeen and who she has a sudden undeniable attraction to. As Tyler and Kyra retrace her steps from the fateful night of her disappearance, they discover strange phenomena that no one can explain, and they begin to wonder if Kyra’s father is not as crazy as he seems. There are others like her who have been taken . . . and returned. Kyra races to find an explanation and reclaim the life she once had, but what if the life she wants back is not her own?

What are most anticipating this week?

12 comments:

  1. I'm really excited for this too! I love the Body Finder series as well, though I haven't read The Pledge yet. Awesome pick :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! I loved her Body Finder series too! Had this title on my list but no date! Thanks for sharing it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also looking forward to this book! I love that cover and the concept sounds intriguing. I've liked a couple of her Body Finder books, so I hope this is as good!
    Great pick, Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to read this simply because it's by Kimberly. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/10/waiting-on-wednesday-70-vitro-mad.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds good. Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really liked this author's body finder series. it's one of the series i actually finished when the last book came out. looking forward to this one too. awesome pick :)

    hope you can stop by my WoW post.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Kimberly D. Looks like I'll be adding another one of her books to my tbr.
    I can't wait to read The Taking. Hurry up April!

    Thanks for sharing <3

    Check out our Waiting on Wednesday

    Doris @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic choice!! This sounds like it will be amazing!!

    Here is my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't even heard of this one yet! I've only read the first book in both of her other series, too, though I liked both. Just so little time. :) Great pick!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yeah, this one sounds interesting and creepy!

    Great choice and thanks for visiting Swept Away By Books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This book sounds so awesome. I can't wait to read it. :)
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This has a whole X-files vibe and I am looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for stopping by today!

I love to receive your comments, please leave your blog link & I'll be sure to stop by.

I also respond to your comment here on my blog :)