Wednesday 16 April 2014

Waiting on Wednesday - Trial by Fire (The Worldwalker Trilogy) by Josephine Angelini

  
Hi everyone!! thank-you so much for stopping by today.

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine which spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My WoW for this week is Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini  which is the first book in the Worldwalker trilogy.

Trial by Fire  ( Worldwalker Trilogy Series, #1)
 Author: Josephine Angelini
Series:  The Worldwalker trilogy
Genre: Young adult
Amazon pre-order
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Release date: 2nd September 2014


Synopsis. (Goodreads)

Love burns. Worlds collide. Magic reigns.

This world is trying to kill Lily Proctor. Her life-threatening allergies keep her from enjoying many of the experiences that other teenagers take for granted...which is why she is determined to enjoy her first (and perhaps only) high-school party. But Lily's life never goes according to plan, and after a humiliating incident in front of half her graduating class Lily wishes she could just disappear.

Suddenly Lily is in a different Salem - one overrun with horrifying creatures and ruled by powerful women called Crucibles. Strongest and cruellest of all the Crucibles is Lillian . . . Lily's identical other self in this alternate universe. This new version of her world is terrifyingly sensual, and Lily is soon overwhelmed by new experiences.

Lily realizes that what makes her weak at home is exactly what makes her extraordinary in New Salem. It also puts her life in danger. Thrown into a world she doesn't understand, Lily is torn between responsibilities she can't hope to shoulder alone, and a love she never expected.

But how can Lily be the saviour of this world when she is literally her own worst enemy?

What are most anticipating this week?

11 comments:

  1. Soooo can't wait for this one!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very much looking forward to this one! Wonderful choice!

    Mich

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely excited for this one too! I still need to finish the author's last series but I love her writing and this premise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "But how can Lily be the saviour of this world when she is literally her own worst enemy?"

    Love that!

    Check Out My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES! I think this looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I didn't really like the Starcrossed series, but ugh this sounds so good, and really loving the look of the cover. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of her books but I love the sound of this. And the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A new series by the author of the "Starcrossed" books? This is a REAL WOW!! I was not aware that this book was coming out! So, thanks bunches for the heads up!! I've already added it to my Goodreads TBR shelves.

    Hope you enjoy reading it!! Thanks for sharing!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cover is stunning, it really makes me want to read this!

    Mands @ The Bookish Manicurist

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cover on this, it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for stopping by today!

I love to receive your comments, please leave your blog link & I'll be sure to stop by.

I also respond to your comment here on my blog :)