Tuesday 5 May 2015

Top Ten Tuesday - Ten Books I Will Probably Never Read

 
Ten Books I Will Probably Never Read

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. It is a chance for everyone to share lists and get to know fellow bloggers.

A majority of these books will probably have the same theme – cheating, unhealthy relationship portrayals or a dislike of the first book in the series etc.

1.      Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire – I have read a number of reviews about this book and the relationship in this seems quite unhealthy, not the gushy romance I tend to enjoy.

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)

2.      One Tiny Lie by K.A Tucker – I loved the first book in the series and Livie, the MC in this played a great role in that but one thing that really puts me off in a book is cheating so this one won’t be for me. I will read the other books in this series though.

One Tiny Lie (Ten Tiny Breaths, #2)

3.      Linger by Maggie Stiefvater – I found the first book to be quite lacklustre so this series isn’t for me.

Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2)

4.      The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R Tolkien – I loved the movies but for some reason I have no inclination to read the books at all.

The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1)

5.      Fifty Shades Darker by E.L James – Fifty Shades of Grey just wasn’t for me so this is another series I won’t be continuing with.

Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades, #2)

6.      The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan – There was so much hype surrounding this book when it was first released but zombies just aren’t for me.

The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1)

7.      Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs – The mystery surrounding the house sounds intriguing but this is another book that I haven’t rushed out to buy.

Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1)

8.      The Diviners by Libba Bray – I was curious about this book but at 592 pages it is just too long.

The Diviners (The Diviners, #1)

9.      Deadfall by Anna Carey – I couldn't get into the first book at all; Second person POV’s don’t work for me unfortunately despite this premise really intriguing me.

Deadfall (Blackbird, #2)

10.  The Fault in Our Stars by John Green – The ending of this was ruined for me when I read spoilers unfortunately so I don’t really have any interest in reading this one now.

The Fault in Our Stars

12 comments:

  1. great list you have here. I agree with you on many of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with most of these as well. Though I did like Linger and the whole Shiver series. But yeah...I did read The Forest of Hands and Teeth and was bored with it. It really wasn't for me.

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shiver wasn't a book I really enjoyed either. I love her Raven Cycle series though. The things I've heard about Beautiful Disaster haven't been very positive either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #6-#8 bored me to tears, and I thought The Fault in Our Stars was overrated. The frustrating thing about Miss Peregrine's is that it was such a good idea! I wanted to love it, but it just fizzled out at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #6-#8 bored me to tears, and I thought The Fault in Our Stars was overrated. The frustrating thing about Miss Peregrine's is that it was such a good idea! I wanted to love it, but it just fizzled out at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't remember how much time I have Linger on my TBR list and never get to read it! I'm finally realising that I'll never probably will. Also I have to agree about The Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy, I haven't even read the first one,, but I have a feeling that I won't like it. The Lord of the Rings is one of the books I grew up with, I can't even remember how many times I've read it :)

    Aeriko @ http://thereadingarmchair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure I want to read Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, all the mixed reviews... TFiOS is one of the most, if not the most, overrated books right now. Okay, it's enjoyable and a good book but not the best and it doesn't change lives like many people think. Ugh.
    Great list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know about Linger, but I liked Maggie Stiefvater's Raven Cycle. I had Fifty Shades of Grey on my list too, and I totally agree with TFIOS, it's so overrated. I probably wouldn't read LOTR either.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/05/top-ten-tuesday-3/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never had any desire to read any of the Fifty Shades books. or Lord of the Rings books either. I have Fault in Our Stars on my Kindle and hopefully will read it someday. I have read One Tiny Lie and I liked it a lot. But than I am a big K.A. Tucker fan and have loved all her books. Plus, it might have cheating but they are not married, and she's only a freshman in college-and she met both of the guys at the same time if I remember right, so maybe it's not quite so bad in that instance? I don't know :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am surprised with Fault in our stars being on loads of lists its on mine as well.

    Megan @ http://readingawaythedays.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wouldn't say that TFiOS is worth reading if you have watched the movie and know the ending, simply because I didn't like the book too much due to the writing style. Good story, but not delivered as well as it could be. You have some interesting choices here! I don't think I am ever going to read Fifty Shades of Grey myself...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm with you on The Lord of the Rings and The fault in our stars. Thanks for visiting my blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for stopping by today!

I love to receive your comments, please leave your blog link & I'll be sure to stop by.

I also respond to your comment here on my blog :)