Thursday 8 October 2015

Review: Revealed to Him by Jen Frederick

Revealed to HimRevealed to Him

Author: Jen Frederick
Series: Kerr Chronicles
Pages: 272
Publisher/Source: Jen Frederick / Netgalley
Release date: 3rd November 2015

Synopsis: (Goodreads)

Handsome and tough Jake Tanner, a veteran and the owner of a successful security firm, never lets his past hold him back. Despite his prosthetic hand and foot, women swoon over him—and with him between the sheets. Yet Jake feels bored and restless…until he’s hired to protect a beautiful writer whose life is in terrible danger.

Self-imprisoned by the fear of the anonymous stalkers who threaten her life, video-game writer Natalie Beck now only dreams of the world outside her pink-bedecked apartment. Trusting people again is off-limits. But the more time Jake spends with her, the more his professional commitment evolves from simple duty to scorching desire. While deeply sensual sparks ignite between the two, the danger outside circles closer. Will Jake’s intense devotion be enough to save Natalie? Or will she turn away from the one man willing to do anything to save her?

Review: 3 out of 5 stars

I am a huge Jen Frederick fan so when I noticed Revealed to Him on Netgalley it was an instant request. It is also the first book I have read in the Kerr Chronicles series so I am not too sure how much I have missed by not reading books 1 and 2.

Veteran Jake Tanner owns and runs a security company, he is successful and driven and despite having had his hand and foot amputated; he doesn’t let anything hold him back.

When Jake is hired to protect writer Natalie Beck who has had her life threatened he would do anything to keep her safe; Natalie doesn’t trust easily and has very few friends; she stays inside due to severe anxiety and panic attacks so letting Jake get too close isn’t on the cards despite her dreaming of a life of normalcy.

I liked both Jake and Natalie; Jake was strong and extremely protective of Natalie but at times he did come across as quite forceful which annoyed me on occasion because of the way Natalie was, I liked his openness when it came to his prosthetics; Natalie was a sweetheart and I can’t imagine what her daily struggles would be like, I felt Jen Frederick wrote her mental illness in a way that was sympathetic and believable, you could really grasp her daily struggles.

I have loved everything I have read to date by Jen Frederick, she is an amazing writer and her characters are true to life and lovable but for some reason I didn’t fall in love with love Jake and Natalie and this storyline as I have her other characters/series despite their touching stories and maybe it’s because I couldn’t connect with their situation; I’m unsure.

I would like to know more about Kaga and Jake’s sister (I can’t remember her name); their story would be great as would Oliver’s. I was able to guess the bad person early on in the story but I was surprised by their reasoning.

Jen Frederick’s writing is flawless and despite not completely loving this title, I can’t wait to read more of her books.

Thanks to Jen Frederick via Netgalley for the opportunity to read and review Revealed to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for stopping by today!

I love to receive your comments, please leave your blog link & I'll be sure to stop by.

I also respond to your comment here on my blog :)