Tuesday 28 June 2011

Teaser Tuesday

 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB of http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com

Anyone can play along, just do the following:

* Grab your current read/s
* Open to a random page (I have a kindle so I select a location)
* Share two (2) teaser sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS (make sure what you share doesn't give too much away)
* Share the Title and author so if someone likes your TT they can add it to their TBR pile.
* If someone comments and says they are following, be a dear and follow back. Spread the love... and the followers. 
Author: Keri Arthur
Title: Mercy Burns
Series: Myth and Magic
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Dell

Synopsis. (Goodreads)
DARKNESS DESCENDS.
LOVE ABIDES. BUT . . .  MERCY BURNS


Mercy Reynolds is a reporter in the San Francisco Bay area, but she’s also more—and less—than human. Half woman, half air dragon, she’s a “draman”—unable to shift shape but still able to unleash fiery energy. Now something will put her powers to the test.

Mercy’s friend Rainey has enlisted her help to solve her sister’s murder. Then a horrible accident claims Rainey’s life, leaving Mercy only five days to find the killer: If Mercy fails, according to dragon law, Rainey’s soul will be doomed to roam the earth for eternity. But how can Mercy help when she herself is a target? With nowhere else to turn, she must join forces with a sexy stranger—the mysterious man they call “Muerte,” or death itself, who’s as irresistible as he is treacherous. But can even Death keep Mercy alive for long enough to find her answers?

TEASER:

(Kindle Location 70% - 3181) This time a smile teased his lips, breaking the tension and the darkness shadowing his features. But what he said was true enough. It was odd that I'd trusted him so readily, yet there was just something about the man that made me feel safe.

24 comments:

  1. Great emotions conveyed here... really like her stuff.

    Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ! Ohh I haven't read anything by this author but it looks good. Lovin' the cover too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting teaser! Thanks for sharing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Keri Arthur's books very much, but I haven't read this series yet.

    Here’s My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    What a wonderfull teaser!

    Have a great day!
    Kyanara

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get the feeling she shouldn't trust him.

    Here's ours: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/06/tuesday-teaser-divergent-and-home-again.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute little teaser today. Happy Reading.

    Thanks for popping by my TT post today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Keri Arthur's books! Haven't read this series yet, but I plan on it.

    http://booksandbarks.blogspot.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesday-kittys-big-trouble-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this teaser! I haven't heard of this book but it's going on my wishlist
    Thanks for stopping by my blog

    Bookgirl @ My Book Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great teaser, hope you are enjoying the book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like an interesting read!

    Here's my tease: http://diannehartsock.wordpress.com/my-blog/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great teaser, sounds like a good book. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's always the bad boys that make a girl feel safe. Quite paradox. :D

    Thanks for sharing,
    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting Teaser.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesday_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved this book! Good teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the sounds of this one, it sounds like my kind of book!

    My Tease!

    Suzanne @ Under the Covers

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a good one. I will have to check out Keri Arthur's books.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesday-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. The more I find out about what's out there in the paranormal genre, the more amazed I am! Half dragon/half human? How cool is that? That's what I'd like in my next life, I think... ;)

    And thanks for stopping by my TT post!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Intriguing teaser [and book cover!]

    Thanks for dropping by at mine! :)

    BTW love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Keri Arthur! So miss the Riley Jenson series! Thanks for sharing this teaser with us and for stopping by my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh! I have had this on TBR! I need to get to it!

    Thanks for visiting mine :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for stopping by today!

I love to receive your comments, please leave your blog link & I'll be sure to stop by.

I also respond to your comment here on my blog :)