Friday 12 August 2011

Follow Friday (12th August)

Weekly meme hosted by
www.parajunkee.com & www.alisoncanread.com


This weeks featured blogs:
 


Steph Likes Books and Teen Fiction Centre

Question of the week: How has your reading habits changed since you were a teen? or If you are still a teen what new genres are you in love with currently?

As a teen, I tended to stick to the same genre of Mystery and Thrillers by authors such as Paricia Cornwell and Dean Koontz but due to study commitments I wasn't reading half as much as what I am able to now.

At the moment, I am loving a wide variety of genres including, YA, Paranormal, Urban Fantasy, Romance - Suspense & Contemporary and Dystopian which I have only recently discovered.

What to do..

  1. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
  2. Follow the featured weekly bloggers 
  3. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"
  4. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
  5. If you're new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
Reviews this week:
* Ripple by Mandy Hubbard
* Long Road Home by Maya Banks
* Storm's Heart (Elder Races #2) by Thea Harrison
* In the Air Tonight (Shadow Gorces #3) by Stephanie Tyler
* Amaranth (The Resistance Trilogy #1) by Rachael Wade
* Starcrossed (Starcrossed #1) by Josephine Angelini 

Currently Reading
* Beautifully Broken by Sherry Soule

Up Next
*  Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey

26 comments:

  1. Hey,
    Old follower :) I agree, eclectic tastes are better than anything b/c it's just wide open. The possibilities are endless, and you're not discriminating against any of the great book genres lol. Anyway, just hopping by (and btw, still love your owls :))
    Ninja Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sharon

    Happy Follow Friday. I like a lot of the same genres as you, but I haven't tried any dystopians yet. I've had the Hunger Games box set sitting on my bookshelves for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by!

    It's really funny how all of our tastes have changed. Especially those of us who didn't read much YA when we were younger that love it now.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog!
    I just recently discovered the dystopian genre as well. Have a great weekend!
    Ange @ the Moonlight reader

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good mystery and I have gotten into paranormal lately too.
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog! New follower. I really like your site, it's super cute :)

    Amanda
    Hippies, Beauty, and Books. Oh My!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoppin by to say Hello! Thanks for the visit, and Happy Friday :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hopping by!

    I think I've also expanded the genres I read whereas teen me was less adventurous; either way I still love reading just as much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey ;) happy follow friday!! I'm a new follower!

    http://bookmigik.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think reading a lot of genres is the way to go! Thanks for stopping by my FF post Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am dying to know how you like Cold Kiss. Happy Friday!
    http://alaskanbookcafe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by! I'm following back :)

    Jess @ The Midnight Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, I love mystery too! It's always so cool to read because it's so suspenseful. :) But I'm more into all the other genres you mentioned at the moment because, well, who doesn't love anything paranormal?

    Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm an old follower for sure!

    Hope you have an awesome weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have also grown to enjoy many more genres compared to when I was a teen! Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Sharon,

    Great hop this week! :D I love how our tastes change as we grow its always soo cool to see what stays and what gets added :D

    thanks for hopping by

    - Kylie @ http://reviews.blueteacup.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hopping through. Like you, I didn't read nearly as much as a teen. Now I read tons.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hopping through after your visit to me and wishing you a wonderful weekend.

    The Scarf Princess

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi there,
    Stopping by via Parajunkee's Follow Friday. I'm following you.

    Have a great weekend!

    Holjo @ Pedantic Phooka
    www.pedanticphooka.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hopping through from FF! Thanks for stopping by the blog. ;-) I love almost all the genres you read. Actually, the only one I havn't read is dystopian.
    Have a great weekend!
    Talina

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for stopping by this weekend! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dean Koontz is an old favorite.
    Thanks for stopping by and have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really love YA and Dystopian! Books are so much better than they used to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. A follower and a fellow lover of YA ;)

    Here's my
    Follow Friday post.

    I'm also doing a signed "Passion" by Lauren Kate
    giveaway 

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Following back now.

    ~andi

    ReplyDelete
  26. I stuck to authors a lot when I was a teen also. VC Andrews and Danielle Steele for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for stopping by today!

I love to receive your comments, please leave your blog link & I'll be sure to stop by.

I also respond to your comment here on my blog :)