Friday 26 August 2011

Follow Friday - 25th August

Weekly meme hosted by


This weeks featured blogs: Caught in the Pages
and Jenni Elyse

Question of the week: In books like the Sookie Stackhouse (True Blood) series the paranormal creature in question "comes out of the closet" and makes itself known to the world. Which mythical creature do you wish would come out of the closet, for real?

Hmmm, I have no idea! maybe vampires but they would have to be the Vampire Academy or Chicagoland Vampires type (Dhampir and Moroi, not the strigoi)..
Some form of angel would also be appealing. 
 
Top Spot is a new monthly blog meme hosted by the Skype Sisters. Every month we will get together to share our favorite read from that month and we would love for you join us! This meme will take place over the last weekend of every month, giving us all a chance to gush over the great reads we've encountered and bring an awesome ending to the current month. The Top Spot book can be anything you've read, whether it's old or new, an ARC or a finished copy. All August reads counts!
What was your favorite read this month? What was your Top Spot?
My top 3 August picks are:

Enclave  Watched  Deadly Descent
 
What to do..
  1. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
  2. Follow the featured weekly bloggers 
  3. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"
  4. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
  5. If you're new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
Reviews this week:
* Remembrance by Michelle Madow
* Deadly Descent (Bagram Special Ops #1) by Kaylea Cross
* Changing the Game (Play by Play #2) by Jaci Burton
* Chain Reaction (Perfect Chemistry #3) by Simone Elkeles
* The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe
* Only Fear by Anne Marie Becker

Currently Reading
* Renfield Syndrome (Rhiannon's Law #2) by J.A Saare

Up Next
* Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

If you get a moment - check out the 'In Leah's Wake' excerpt and giveaway by Terri Giuliano-Long! I'd love to also receive your vote for my blog HERE

24 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by. I love vampires but I know if I ever encountered one I would freak.

    Old follower
    Danielle @Ramblings From This Chick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love READING about vamps!! I might be scared in real life though lol. New follower!

    Tia @Falling For Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read either, but nice vamps would definitely be what I'd like to come out too! Lol. I like happy, not living in fear! ;)

    I actually haven't read any of your Top Spot choices, but I've seen them around and been interested! I'm glad you loved them so much! Will definitely have to check them out. Awesome you decided to join in. :D

    Thanks for stopping by Kindle Fever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chicagoland Vampire! Awesome! I haven't read your top 3. I will have to check into them. My top read is Ghost on Black Mountain. It blew me away.
    My FF is at http://www.alaskanbookcafe.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read about the Chicagoland Vampires. I loved Vampire Academy, so maybe I will check the others out! Great Choices.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a great weekend.

    My Follow Friday and Book Blog Hop

    Kristin @ Better Read Than Dead

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have Enclave on my TBR so I'm glad to see it in your Top Spot!!!!
    Stop by My Top Spot for August if you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sharon...SexxyBlogger here & thanks for the follow! & I love your choice..angels, NICE one! Oh & following you...awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could be happy with the Vampire Academy vampires being real!

    Thanks for stopping by StuckInBooks.com FF

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, being able to hang out with Vampire Academy vamps would be so cool! I just finished reading the first book the other day and I loved it -- can't wait to get my hands on the next books in the series! :)

    Angels would make awesome best friends, too, I think!

    Thanks so much for stopping by, Sharon! I'm definitely an old follower who adores your blog! :)

    Hope you have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of people with multiple choices today - must have been a good month for reading!

    My Top Spot is here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sharon!! Just wanted to say thanks for following my blog http://ya-reader.blogspot.com/
    Of course I have returned the favor :) Have a great weekend! Steph@The YA Reader

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Vampires would be cool too. :) Happy Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! Prowling Books In the Lair following you back! Nice to meet you. I have a call for blogger participation for an upcoming giveaway if you're interested. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't read Vampire Academy, but I'll assume those vampires aren't homicidal maniacs. :D

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for participating in top spot! I am one of the Skype sisters, and I'm a new follower :) So, I have enclave on my bookshelf, I really need to read it already...thanks for sharing! Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wouldn't mind vampires be real either, as long as they were the Moroi kind, for sure! Thanks so much for joining us with Top Spot! I had a hard time picking just one too, and picked three! I haven't read any of those books but I've seen Enclave all over but need to check it out more - the other books look intriguing, especially Watched! Thanks for sharing :)

    April (one of the Skype Sister's) @ My Shelf Confessions: FF & Top Spot

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love if Angels were real, (the Nalini kind though, not the Angelfall kind, which demolish humans...) just sayin'
    Thanks for hopping over today
    Old Follower

    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hopping through. I'd love to have real Moroi or Dhampirs. Definitely skip the Strigoi.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think I'd be too worried my blood would get drained if there were real vampires. :-P

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hehe, you're reading Anna next?? I LOVE that book, I hope you do too :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Following back now! Sorry I'm so slow. Lol.

    I almost picked vampires too, just because they're awesome. But I definitely don't want the kind that only want to kill me. :(

    -Rachel
    Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi there! Thanks for following my blog.

    It's nice to see another Aussie around the book blogs (I know there is a few of us around but it's hard to keep track with so many good blogs to follow)

    Hope your having a good weekend, and I love love love the owls!!

    Chazz

    ReplyDelete
  23. Vampires would be my second answer, as you know! I love vamps!

    The Bawdy Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for stopping by today!

I love to receive your comments, please leave your blog link & I'll be sure to stop by.

I also respond to your comment here on my blog :)