Friday 5 August 2011

Follow Friday (5th August)

Weekly meme hosted by
www.parajunkee.com & www.alisoncanread.com

This weeks featured blogs:
 
 

Hands & Home & www.memyshelfandi.com

Question of the week: Talk about the book that most changed or influenced your life (was it a book that turned you from an average to avid reader, did it help you deal with a particularly difficult situation, does it bring you comfort every time you read it?).

I wouldn't say there is one book in particular that changed or influenced my life, as a child I grew up reading Little Golden Books; in my teens it of coursed moved on to study books and mystery/thrillers in my spare time.

I didn't become obsessed with reading until I picked up the Twilight & Sookie Stackhouse series (really reading - as in obsessively - need it daily), they were pretty much the first Paranormal series I had read & I loved them so much (at the time) that I set out to find others which I thought would be similar; which I did and then eventually ventured onto other genres.Reading in general brings me comfort and helps me to relax, even if it is a child's book I am reading to my kids; I thoroughly enjoy it.

What to do..

  1. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
  2. Follow the featured weekly bloggers Hands & Home & www.memyshelfandi.com
  3. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"
  4. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
  5. If you're new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
Reviews this week:
* Under Fire by Rita Henuber
* Killing Time (Time #2) by Elisa Paige
* Deadly Obsession by Katie Reus
* Lucky Girl by Cate Lord
* Hold Me (A hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me book) by Lucianne Rivers

Currently Reading
* Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini

Up Next
* Storm's Heart (Elder Races series #2) by Thea Harrison

29 comments:

  1. I love reading books to my kid as well. The only thing better than a good book is sharing a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So agree with the comfort thing. It is so relaxing to be somewhere familiar, even if it is not in a world you haven't visited yet.
    Thanks for the visit! Old follower
    Happy Friday!!
    PS: This dark haired, blue eyed babe next to my <<=== comment box is such a great teaser. He's gorgeous. My fav type =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog - old follower here :) I love Twilight and Sookie Stackhouse as well!

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww the Little Golden Books were my favourites as a child as well. Another kid stole one of my golden books while I was at school once. Devastated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for saying hi and following. Now following you, loving that follow friday lets me discover so many more people!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Twilight was the book that started it all for me, too! I love that it's the same for so many people, and I never regret falling in love with the Twilight Saga because I never would have become a bookaholic if I hadn't picked up those books!

    And you're so right! Reading does bring comfort and relaxation! :)

    Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm a old follower, for sure!

    Hope you have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the little golden books as well growing up and now read them to my own kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still looking forward to an FF this week that has no Twilight :P Thanks for coming by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Twilight is a popular one. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Old follower just stopping by to say hi. I see you are reading Starcrossed...I hope you like it, I loved it.

    Have a great weekend.

    Kristin @ Better Read Than Dead

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by Book Brats to say hi! I agree, reading is relaxing :D Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for stopping by me blog!!

    Happy Firday!! New Follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm loving all the Twilight answers. Love that series.

    Thanks for visiting StuckInBooks.com FF

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of those are great series, especially Sookie Stackhouse. =) It is so funny!!

    New follower. =D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I have to say, your blog is beautiful! And I saw you are reading Starcrossed. I hope you enjoy it. (:
    Happy Friday!
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love those little golden books! I didn't get into the Sookie Stackhouse books but really enjoyed Twilight - it got me through the early days of having a baby and not sleeping. Somehow it didn't matter that I hadn't slept for weeks because I was enjoying myself snuggling with a newborn and reading a good book. Although I do wish that I had an ereader at the time because it was tricky to balance those big hardcoveres in one hand!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!
    Bonnie @ HandsAndHome

    ReplyDelete
  16. My parents read the Little Golden Books to me as a child. I loved being read to, but I hated reading myself until about four years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  17. New follower returning the visit! I remember reading the Little Golden Books-- my mom says she even read to me from her old book of Chinese fairy tales before I was born (hoping it would have the same effect of listening to Mozart and make me smart later on, I guess) so I guess you could say I was an early reader.

    Twilight has turned so many people on to reading-- the series has truly revolutionized books today. Hope you have a fantastic weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Twilight was the first paranormal series I read aswell!

    When I finished it I knew I needed to read paranormal again so my friend recommended The Mediator series and the rest is history ;)

    Thank you for stopping by my blog!
    Like I said before, your blog is awesomesauce!

    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. thxs for stopping by my blog:) im following back.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hopping through. Yay for Twilight! I also loved the Little Golden Books when I was little.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  21. Old follower here stopping by to say hi and wish you a fun-filled weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ohh, the Sookie Stackhouse books are another series that got me back into reading! They are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really like Twilight but I chose to watch True Blood over reading the books. My sister reads them and says they're a lot different and she's gotten a little confused! New follower, super cute blog! Happy Friday :)

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  24. Twilight and the Sookie Stackhouse books are just the kind of addictive reads that suck you in. Been there myself! Happy following!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ahh, the memories of Little Golden Books. I loved them.
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for stopping by!
    My favorite Little Golden Book was the Pokey Little Puppy. Do you remember that one?

    Have a great weekend!

    Holjo @ Pedantic Phooka
    www.pedanticphooka.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for visiting! I used to love Little Golden Books, but my favorite childhood book is probably Bedtime For Frances.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for stopping by on the hop! Twilight is a great choice. I've always told skeptical people that while it may not be a literary feat of a novel, it tells a great story and more importantly, got people reading again. THAT is impressive!
    Plus it has smexy vampires and werewolves ;)

    Jennifer @ The Bawdy Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for stopping by today!

I love to receive your comments, please leave your blog link & I'll be sure to stop by.

I also respond to your comment here on my blog :)