Wednesday 31 August 2011

INTERVIEW: Sharde Richardson author of WATCHED

Watched
Sharde Richardson - Website
Pages: 278
Genre: Young Adult
Publisher: Jolt
AMAZON: Watched
The Book Depository: The Book Depository - Watched

Welcome to Obsession with Books Sharde, I have recently read your debut novel Watched and thoroughly enjoyed it. Are you able to tell us a little about yourself?

Hi Sharon! You have a nice cyber pad. And thanks for having me, I’m glad you enjoyed WATCHED

Although my husband could sum me up better, I’m a southern girl, a cheese enthusiast, and Internet stalker. You’ve been warned.

How did you come up with the title for your novel ‘Watched’?

I thought the title was appropriate considering there were people viewing Mikayla from a distance. And the word WATCHED seemed so ominous and creepy and totally capable of holding the umbrella over the other books.
 
When and why did you begin writing?

I began writing back in elementary school. It just became a good outlet for me, considering I was a bit of a menace.
 
Where did the inspiration for your book come from?

A hockey game. I know it’s weird but I’m telling the truth.
 
Is there anything about you that would surprise your readers?

I guess the biggest surprise would be my fondness of cheese, and the fact that I’m lactose intolerant.
 
What is your ideal day as an author?

A day that I can churn out a three to four thousand words of a manuscript that aren’t worthless. Also, a snack, music, and total obliviousness to the outside world doesn’t hurt.
 
Are you able to describe what your writing process is like?

It’s kind of organic. I might write down a sentence or something from a dream on paper, or a napkin, and expound on it later when writing conditions are ideal. Most of the time these words, sentences and chapters don’t make the final cut but they give me a starting point.

Are there any books or authors that have most influenced you?

I can’t say that any writer has influenced my writing, but I enjoy Iain Banks and Octavia Butler among others.
 
Is there are book you are reading at the moment? And do you tend to favor a particular genre?

There’s something about the horror genre that sucks me in every time. I guess I keep reading that genre because it’s hard for words to scare me. Currently I’m on a reading hiatus until I churn out some more of my works in progress.
 
Who would play the roles of Mikayla and Lucas?

Jennette McCurdy and Andrew Lawrence.
 
Mikayla has an obsession with q-tips; do you by any chance have any unusual quirks or habits that you wish to share?

Aside from the cheese and lactose intolerant thing, yes. I sing while I’m driving. It’s the extreme of what you’re thinking, because not only do I sing while driving, I sing to my neighboring drivers.
 
What is up next for you?

I plan to finish the WATCHED series, and do more research for a contemporary project I’m working on.

Quick Questions:

Fave band / television series / movie? Faves to date: The Temper Trap/Curb Your Enthusiasm/ The Diving Bell and the Butterfly  

Coffee or tea? Tea. Tea. Tea. Sweetened if you please.

E-reader or hardcopy? Hardcopy

Cats or Dogs? Cats  


Ideal travel destination? Country, farm town communities


Thank-you so much Sharde for taking time to talk to us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for stopping by today!

I love to receive your comments, please leave your blog link & I'll be sure to stop by.

I also respond to your comment here on my blog :)