Friday 25 November 2011

Feature and Follow Friday (25th November)

 
Weekly meme hosted by the amazing


This weeks featured blogs: The Book Addict and Books & Beyond

QUESTION OF THE WEEK: It’s Thanksgiving Day in the U.S. so we want to know what you are Thankful for – blogging related of course! Who has helped you out along the way? What books are you thankful for reading?

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here in Australia but I have loved the online messages I have been seeing, it sounds like an enjoyable holiday and a wonderful way to give thanks! 

The people I am most grateful and thankful for are my family for supporting my habit/obsession with books, especially my husband who just loves seeing the bank statement monthly listing my book purchases ;)

There are so many amazing blogs I follow and blogger friends as well as authors who I adore and am certainly thankful for! I don't want to list anyone in case I forgot someone :) but keeping in contact through tweets/personal messages/blog visits etc. means the world to me.

I am also extremely thankful to my followers! it makes blogging so worthwhile when you get that sweet comment or wonderful personal message or tweet.  

What to do..

  • Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
  • Follow the featured weekly bloggers 
  • Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"
  • If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
  • If you're new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

Reviews this week: 

  • Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor #3) by Jill Shalvis
  • Descended by Blood (Vampire Born) by Angeline Kace
  • Matched (Matched #1) by Ally Condie

13 comments:

  1. Amen! Fellow Australian, but I'm loving the Thanksgiving vibe--and I'm so grateful/thankful for the sense of community in the book blogging world :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping by to say have a great weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    If you have a moment, please come and vote on your favorite YA Novel's Character:
    Here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fellow Aussie and I'm also grateful for my fellow bloggers, here's mine
    http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com/2011/11/feature-and-follow-friday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sharon!! Happy Friday! Tweet, tweet :D
    Here is my FF:
    http://literaryjunkie11.blogspot.com/2011/11/follow-friday-25.html

    Happy Reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahahaha I bet my husband LOVES seeing me come home with a pile of books from the store! (not) :)

    Old follower hopping through!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely post, though I am not usre my husband is as supportive of yours - tolerant perhaps!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower :0)

    Ditto on thanking the hubby for supporting book purchases! Otherwise, he's sleeping on the couch, lol.

    You can find my FF here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am thankful for every visitor, follower, reader and friend who makes reading and blogging worth while =)

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    Old follower,
    April
    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi. Just stopping by for the Friday Follow. I am a new follower here. My blog is http://steepedinbooks.blogspot.com
    I followed you on Twitter, too.
    http://Twitter.com/HomeStreetHomeY
    I would have liked your Facebook Page, too, if I'd found the button.
    http://facebook.com/homestreethomebooks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, new follower here :) Happy Friday!! xx
    http://alexiachronicles.blogspot.com/2011/11/feature-follow-friday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you have a great week-end, just blogging by.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/11/follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree, it sounds like a great holiday. I'm in Sweden so we don't celebrate at all! I'm also thankful for the book blogging community and all the lovely people I've met here, as well as my readers! Have a great weekend. :) Old follower.

    My FF!

    ReplyDelete
  13. new follower here! i love your blog! you should come on over to mine to see what i have said to this question!

    http://jumpintobooks.blogspot.com/2011/11/follow-friday-3.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for stopping by today!

I love to receive your comments, please leave your blog link & I'll be sure to stop by.

I also respond to your comment here on my blog :)