Wednesday 7 December 2011

REVIEW: Boyfriend from Hell (Falling Angels Saga) by E.Van Lowe

Author: E.Van Lowe
Series: Falling Angels Saga
Pages: 280
Genre: Young Adult - Paranormal
Publisher: White Whisker Books

Synopsis. (Goodreads)

Fifteen year-old Megan Barnett and her single mom, Suze, have a special relationship—they are friends, close friends, who do almost everything together.

“But come on, guys, she’s my mother… Can I really tell her that while we’re snuggled up on the sofa watching Spider Man Three, I’m secretly undressing James Franco with my eyes? Of course not…”

The special bond takes a turn for the worse when Suze decides to start dating again. She hasn’t had a man in her life since Megan’s father left ten years ago.

Enter two mysterious young men, Megan’s new classmate, sinfully attractive bad boy, Guy Matson, and the dangerously handsome art dealer, Armando. Before long Megan and Suze both wind up in steamy relationships.

But neither of the handsome pair is quite what he seems. In fact, one of them is Satan, with his sights set on a new bride. Megan has precious little time to figure out how to stop him. If she doesn’t, either Megan or Suze are quite literally going to HELL.

REVIEW: 3 out of 5 stars

Boyfriend from Hell was recently provided to me as part of an upcoming tour I am participating in for the sequel, Earth Angel.

Fifteen year-old Megan Barnett lives with her mother Suze, they share a tight bond based on trust, honesty and a great deal of love but things begin to change when her mother announces she wishes to enter the dating scene again.

Her mother’s first date doesn’t work out but when a handsome, philanthropist enters the scene Megan has an instant distrust, and for good reason, he is Satan himself.

I enjoyed the premise of Satan dating our heroine’s mother and seeing her trying to discover and reveal the truth about him, certainly not an easy feat when her closest friends don’t believe her and she is playing against evil himself who is well aware she knows who he is.

Our main protagonist didn’t appeal to me initially, she came across as selfish, annoying, spoilt and over the top but she grew on me as the story went along.

The love interest in this book is Guy Maston and for some reason I felt he didn’t really belong, there isn’t much dialogue between these characters and he doesn’t appear a lot throughout the whole novel; the relationship wasn’t developed enough for me so I hope he has more page time in the sequel.

I liked each of the secondary characters, especially her new friend Maudrine as well as her two best friends, Matt and Erin who she has practically known her whole life; I really couldn’t blame them for thinking she had gone a little loopy – I liked the spin we are given towards the end and was actually quite surprised by it.

Boyfriend from Hell was a quick and easy read; if you are after a story with humor, a bit of angst and a tad bit of romance then you will enjoy this novel. The sequel, Earth Angel has a 6th December 2011 release date.

All in all, Boyfriend in Hell is a great start to the Fallen Angel’s series by E.Van Lowe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for stopping by today!

I love to receive your comments, please leave your blog link & I'll be sure to stop by.

I also respond to your comment here on my blog :)