Wednesday 22 February 2012

Waiting on Wednesday - ONYX & TOXIC

  
"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
 
I have two WoW's for this week, Toxic by Jus Accardo and Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout
 
 
Release Date: 14th August 2012 by Entangled Teen

Synopsis (Goodreads)
 
Sequel to OBSIDIAN

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarre connection. I’ve sworn him off even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But against all common sense, I’m falling for him. Hard.

Our relationship issues aren’t out biggest problem…

The Department of Defense is here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we’re linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And when a new boy shows up a school with a secret of his own, things get complicated fast. I need to choose between my own instincts and Daemon’s.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. Daemon’s never going to stop searching until gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies
 
Release Date: 12th June 2012 by Entangled Teen

Synopsis (Goodreads)

Sequel to TOUCH.

When a Six saved Kale’s life the night of Sumrun, she warned there would be consequences. A trade-off. Something taken for the life they gained. But Dez never imagined she’d lose the one thing she’d give anything to keep… And as if it’s not enough Dez finds her immunity to Kale fading, the Six brought in to help Kale learn to control his killer touch starts drooling on him the moment they meet. Worse than that? Jade can touch Kale. But bimbo Barbie is the least of Dez's problems.

After Dez and Kale got away at Sumrun, her father lost not only his most powerful weapon but an important piece of the Supremacy project. Forced by Denazen to remedy the situation, he poisons Dez and offers her a choice—surrender to Denazen for the cure…or die. Determined to find a solution that doesn’t involve being bagged and tagged—or losing someone she loves—Dez keeps the poison a secret. But when a rash of Denazen attacks hit a little too close to home, Dez is convinced there’s a traitor among them. Jade.

Sacrifices, broken promises, and secrets. Dez will have to lay it all on the line if there’s any hope of proving Jade’s guilt before they all end up Residents of Denazen. Or worse, dead..

7 comments:

  1. I really want to read Onx!!! Another friend told me Toxic was fantastic!!;)

    I'm an old GFC follower
    My WoW: http://MissVainsParanormalFantasy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I STILL need to read Obsidian :( But I'm sure this one is just as good as Obsidian. Great pick!

    My WoW

    Vicky
    Books, Biscuits and Tea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really thinking I need to read Jennifer's series here! I loved her other YA one, so I might need to try this one out too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks! I loved the first books in both of the series. Entangled Pub puts out great books.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. EEEP! FABULOUS choices for this weeks WOW's on your blog! I seriously need to read both of these first books in the series! But these two just make me want to jump up and go out and buy them ASAP! Great choices!

    If you have time & would like to drop by, I'd love your thoughts on my choice this week :)

    Jackie
    www.hardcoverobsession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh these books gives me all the right goosebumps =3

    P/S New Follower @ When She Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just finished Armentrout's other book Half-Blood and it was intriguing. I'll have to check out this series too. Here's my WoW pick.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for stopping by today!

I love to receive your comments, please leave your blog link & I'll be sure to stop by.

I also respond to your comment here on my blog :)