Friday 27 April 2012

REVIEW: The Last Echo (The Body Finder #3) by Kimberly Derting

 
Author: Kimberly Derting
Series: The Body Finder
Pages: 358
Genre: Young Adult
Publisher: HarperCollins
Amazon: The Last Echo

Synopsis. (Goodreads)

In the end, all that's left is an echo...

Violet kept her morbid ability to sense dead bodies a secret from everyone except her family and her childhood-best-friend-turned-boyfriend, Jay Heaton. That is until forensic psychologist Sara Priest discovered Violet's talent and invited her to use her gift to track down murderers. Now, as she works with an eclectic group of individuals—including mysterious and dangerously attractive Rafe—it's Violet's job to help those who have been murdered by bringing their killers to justice. When Violet discovers the body of a college girl killed by "the girlfriend collector" she is determined to solve the case. But now the serial killer is on the lookout for a new "relationship" and Violet may have caught his eye.

REVIEW: 4 out of 5 stars

The Last Echo is the third book in the Body Finder series by Kimberly Derting.

Violet Ambrose is a body finder, she has the morbid ability to sense the echo or imprint of the dead; she is drawn to their bodies but suffers terribly until they are buried. She is now working with a group of individuals, who also have unique abilities to find the killers responsible.

Violet is such a great character. I adore her relationship with boyfriend Jay Heaton as well as her family. She is a thinker and always seems to consider what the repercussions of her actions will be – I admire this in a character.

I liked the specialized group Violet has joined, she fit in and was understood and they each have their own unique ability which helps to solve the cases they are given - Rafe has always been a mystery but I am glad we find out a little more about him in this book, I am still a little wary of the relationship possibilities between him and Violet but have my fingers crossed things stay just as they are. I am eager to find out more about the spark between them when they touch though.

The plot of The Last Echo follows a serial killer known as “The Girlfriend Collector”. As with the other books we are also given a glimpse into his thoughts with chapters dedicated to his mindset and process. Things become dangerous when he sets his sights on Violet, the mystery and suspense certainly held my interest and I was eager to see if and how he would be captured.

Although I found the pacing to be a little slow initially, I was still hooked on the story and each of the characters. Ms Derting’s writing has a way of pulling me in and holding my attention.

The Body Finder series is an auto-buy for me and I am eager to see what is to come of Violet and co. in the next installment, especially given the ultimatum she received at the conclusion of this book.

Books in order

  • The Body Finder
  • Desires of the Dead
  • The Last Echo 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for stopping by today!

I love to receive your comments, please leave your blog link & I'll be sure to stop by.

I also respond to your comment here on my blog :)