Wednesday 1 October 2014

Waiting on Wednesday - Last Year’s Mistake by Gina Ciocca and The Fill-in Boyfriend by Kasie West.

Hi everyone!! thank-you so much for stopping by today.

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine which spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My WoW’s for this week are Last Year’s Mistake by Gina Ciocca and The Fill-in Boyfriend by Kasie West.

Last Year's Mistake

Author: Gina Ciocca
Series: -
Genre: Young adult
Amazon pre-order
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Release date: 2015


Synopsis. (Goodreads)

Before:
Kelsey and David became best friends the summer before freshman year and were inseparable ever after. Until the night a misunderstanding turned Kelsey into the school joke, and everything around her crumbled—including her friendship with David. So when Kelsey's parents decided to move away, she couldn't wait to start over and leave the past behind. Except, David wasn't ready to let her go...

After:
Now it's senior year and Kelsey has a new group of friends, genuine popularity, and a hot boyfriend. Her life is perfect. That is, until David's family moves to town and he shakes up everything. Soon old feelings bubble to the surface and threaten to destroy Kelsey's second chance at happiness. The more time she spends with David, the more she realizes she never truly let him go. And maybe she never wants to.

Told in alternating sections, LAST YEAR'S MISTAKE is a charming and romantic debut about loving, leaving, and letting go.

The Fill-In Boyfriend

Author: Kasie West
Series: -
Genre: Young adult
Amazon pre-order
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release date: 5th May 2015


Synopsis. (Goodreads)

When Gia Montgomery's boyfriend, Bradley, dumps her in the parking lot of her high school prom, she has to think fast. After all, she'd been telling her friends about him for months now. This was supposed to be the night she proved he existed. So when she sees a cute guy waiting to pick up his sister, she enlists his help. The task is simple: be her fill-in boyfriend— two hours, zero commitment, a few white lies. After that, she can win back the real Bradley.

The problem is that days after prom, it's not the real Bradley she's thinking about, but the stand-in. The one whose name she doesn't even know. But tracking him down doesn't mean they're done faking a relationship. Gia owes him a favor and his sister intends to see that he collects: his ex-girlfriend's graduation party — three hours, zero commitment, a few white lies.

Just when Gia begins to wonder if she could turn her fake boyfriend into a real one, Bradley comes waltzing back into her life, exposing her lie, and threatening to destroy her friendships and her new-found relationship.

What are most anticipating this week?


PS. If you are interested in children’s book reviews (3-12 years), I have started a new review blog Here – Little Ones Read

10 comments:

  1. Those are new to me ones! Not really my kind of read but still hope you enjoy both of them immensely!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kasie West! I've only read her On the Fence but LOVED it, so now she's definitely an auto-buy for me, have to get to the others soon. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both these books have such gorgeous covers! I'm looking forward to Last Year's Mistake :)
    here's our WOW

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  4. It makes me so happy to know that you're excited for my book! I'll be doing some ARC giveaways in the upcoming months, and there's still time to enter to win one through YABooksCentral:

    http://www.yabookscentral.com/blog/it-s-live-cover-reveal-last-year-s-mistake-by-gina-ciocca-giveaway-us-canada

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds good, and I love the covers Sharon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these sound like my kind of book! Adding them to my tbr :D Great picks and thanks for sharing, Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have read and loved all of Kasie West's books! The Fill-in Boyfriend I'm sure will be another great read. Last Year's Mistake looks good too. I'll have to add that to my tbr shelf :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these books are new to me, as I hadn't heard of them before. Great picks.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picks, I can't wait to read both of these!!

    Thanks for stopping by My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my WoW! I haven't heard of either of these before. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for stopping by today!

I love to receive your comments, please leave your blog link & I'll be sure to stop by.

I also respond to your comment here on my blog :)