Friday 6 January 2012

REVIEW: Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally

 
Author: Miranda Kenneally
Pages: 281
Genre: Young Adult - Sports
Publisher: Sourcebooks

Synopsis (Goodreads)

What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though - she leads them as the captain and quarterback on her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys, and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university. But now there's a new guy in town who threatens her starring position on the team... and has her suddenly wishing to be seen as more than just a teammate

REVIEW: 5 out of 5 stars

Cathing Jordan was kindly provided to me by Netgalley for Sourcebooks Publishing.

Jordan Woods is the star quarterback and captain of the Hundred Oaks High football team, Football is her life and her dream is to play for the University of Alabama. She prides herself on her focus until Ty Green transfers from Texas, is accepted on the team and also plays the position of quarterback.

Jordan is instantly attracted to Ty and the feeling mutual but she has her fears about stepping into a relationship when impressing college scouts and her game play is more important, she didn’t want to lose focus but she gave in and gave Ty a chance. I wasn’t completely hooked on the relationship between Ty and Jordan, probably because I adored her best friend of ten years, Sam Henry and wanted her to acknowledge him as more than just a friend. Their friendship was the sweetest; I loved the little they’d play together and their snarky banter.

I loved each of the secondary characters, the football team was great and I enjoyed the Wood’s family dynamic, there were a few issues between Jordan and her father but the sense of care on his part was always there, I appreciated his views about his daughter’s dream to play football and I loved the way her mother and brother supported and believed in her.

The only thing I felt was repeated too often was the football teams’ sexual behavior; it was a tad OTT and was considered acceptable and boasted about, It just seemed a bit unbelievable to me.

I really enjoyed the concept of Catching Jordan and was really eager to see Jordan achieve her dream. The writing for me was perfect, the plot solid and engaging; it was a real page turner with lots of fun, drama and romance and I will definitely look out for more books by Ms Kenneally.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun, easy, enjoyable read..great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to read Catching Jordan since before they changed the name from Score. The cover was adorable and the blurb had me hankering to read it. Now, after having read it, I can totally confirm that Catching Jordan is an amazing book! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for stopping by today!

I love to receive your comments, please leave your blog link & I'll be sure to stop by.

I also respond to your comment here on my blog :)