Wednesday 27 June 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (27th June)

 
"Waiting On Wednesday” is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My choice for this weeks WoW is a Young Adult Sci-Fi novel titled Taken by Erin Bowman; I have to admit the the synopsis has me completely and utterly intrigued.

What are you looking forward to?

Taken (Taken, #1)
Author: Erin Bowman
Publisher: HarperTeen
Genre: YA – Sci-Fi
Release Date: 16th April 2013
Amazon Pre-order: Taken

Synopsis. (Goodreads)

There are no men in Claysoot. There are boys—but every one of them vanishes at midnight on his eighteenth birthday. The ground shakes, the wind howls, a blinding light descends...and he’s gone.

They call it the Heist.

Gray Weathersby’s eighteenth birthday is mere months away, and he’s prepared to meet his fate–until he finds a strange note from his mother and starts to question everything he’s been raised to accept: the Council leaders and their obvious secrets. The Heist itself. And what lies beyond the Wall that surrounds Claysoot–a structure that no one can cross and survive.

Climbing the Wall is suicide, but what comes after the Heist could be worse. Should he sit back and wait to be taken–or risk everything on the hope of the other side?

What are you anxiously anticipating this week?

13 comments:

  1. I have Taken in my TBR list too! The synopsis sounds really interesting and the cover is beautiful too :)

    Liza’s WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one looks amazingly suspenseful and awesome. I can't wait to read it... such a great premise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!! When the cover was revealed I instantly looked up the synopsis and fell in love! Cannot wait to read this! :)
    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds great! Thanks for sharing it! I'm eagerly awaiting book 6 of George R.R. Martin's A Song of Fire and Ice. It's not due for release until next year. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I haven't heard of this one yet but it sounds great! It's definitely something I'll be adding onto my TBR-Shelf! :D

    ~Keertana
    Ivy Book Bindings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Another one for my TBR pile. Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pick. Taken does sound like a good story and I love the cover. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe we have to wait SO LONG for this one. I'm like you, I can't wait to read it! It sounds so unique and awesome!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. TAKEEEN! This one sounds utterly amazing!!! Not to mention the gorgeous cover! April 2013 is unfortunately still so far away :/

    new follower!

    Check out My WoW ?

    Rachel @ Books to Consider

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just discovered this one today and I am really intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just saw this one on another blog and it sounds amazing. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is one I am so excited about too. Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my wow:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for stopping by today!

I love to receive your comments, please leave your blog link & I'll be sure to stop by.

I also respond to your comment here on my blog :)