Friday 6 July 2012

Feature & Follow Friday (6th July)

FF 2012 Feature & Follow #104 
Hi everyone!!

Thank-you for stopping by..

Feature and Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by the wonderful Parajunkee & Alison Can Read

This weeks featured blogs: Paperback Princess and Reading and Writing Urban Fantasy

Question: Jumping Genres: Ever pick up a book from a genre you usually don’t like and LOVE it? Tell us about it and why you picked it up in the first place.

I used to avoid Fantasy! It took me forever to read the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa but when I did, I loved it! Since reading them I have tried (and enjoyed) so many books from this genre that it is now one of my faves.

Fantasy books I have read more recently and loved include:

Shadow & Bone by Leigh Bardugo
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

There are still a number of genres I won’t read such as historicals but this may change.

What to do..
  • Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
  • Follow the featured weekly bloggers 
  • Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few.
  • The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"
  • If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back.
  • Spread the Love...and the followers
  • If you're new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
Reviews this week: 

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
Inescapable by Amy A. Bartol
Redheads are Soulless by Heather M. White

Currently Reading:

Deity (Covenant #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Cursed by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Have a great weekend!!

11 comments:

  1. Hm. Interesting answer. I'm not one for fantasy either. There's a lot of fantasy I won't touch, and am very selective in that genre.

    Thanks for stopping by,
    @ Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping through. I really need to read both Shadow and Bone and Throne of Glass. I've heard raving things about both.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know one I won't touch and that's nonfiction but then again if the right book comes along.

    MyFF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also not much of a Fantasy fan but Harry Potter changed that for me.

    Here's my Follow Friday.
    I'm also having a Giveaway, so come on by and enter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOh I liked fantasy books myself! A little picky with which ones! But Julie is definitely on the list! Maria V. Snyder too!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't used to like fantasy either. Have you read any of the other books in the Iron Fey series? I only read the first one so far, but I'm interested to see if I should continue. My F&F
    -Melissa @HarleyBearBooks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantasy is such a touchy subject with me too! I need to read all of the ones above you mentioned lol

    Old Follower.
    Happy Friday and thanks for stopping by mine =D
    -Becky @ Book Bite Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. Someone had historicals as their genre choice, and they recommended The Book Theif and then I went to add it to my TBR on goodreads and realized either my friends had rated it as 5 stars or had marked as to-read. So maybe you should give that one of shot whenever you decide to try a historical, that and The Bronze Horseman are going to my tries. I think it was Harry Potter that got me into the fantasy genre because before then all I had read was contemporary books.

    Old Follower
    Sandy
    My FF Post

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree!! I'm actually not a huge fantasy fan but I have read some AMAZING fantasy books lately (including Throne of Glass!).

    Have an awesome weekend and thanks for stopping by my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love fantasy! I'm glad that you decided to read it!

    New follower via GFC.

    Would love you to stop by my blog, Ensconced in YA!
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-and-follow-friday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really really need to read Shadow and Bone! I'm the opposite because I love fantasy and hate contemporary.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, new follower.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for stopping by today!

I love to receive your comments, please leave your blog link & I'll be sure to stop by.

I also respond to your comment here on my blog :)